Wow. It’s November. (Just call me Ms. Obvious.) I’d say something deep and meaningful about how time flies, but…yeah. I got nothin’.
I have to type fast, because it’s 10:22 and as you know, this week I turn into a pumpkin at 11:00. Or possibly a butternut squash. Something in that squash family. Why do we even say turn into a pumpkin? It’s not like Cinderella turned into a pumpkin. Her coach, yes, but people don’t say, “I have to go; my car turns into a pumpkin at 11:00.” No, it’s “I turn into a pumpkin.”
Wait, what was I saying? Oh, yeah. Something about being short on time. Whoops.
Here’s a few things that made my week great!
- Car and I went to the temple on Saturday. When we were done, we went to lunch at a place where someone brought the food to us. I know, right? It was almost like a date or something!
- Today I called my friend Sara, but she didn’t pick up and her voice mail kicked in. Big G heard the start of the message, which led to a discussion about how voice mail works, etc. He asked why I didn’t leave a message, and I explained that I needed an immediate answer to something, but since she didn’t answer, I wouldn’t leave a message. He said, “But I have something to ask her.” Umm….okay…”What were you going to ask her?” “About cement mixers.”
- Car took Big G trick or treating because I had a migraine. He’s a nice husband.
- Big G’s school had their Halloween program. Unlike last year, which involved Big G dressed like Batman and skulking about in a menacing manner, this year’s program featured Big G dressed like Batman and actually singing!
- It snowed last week.
- Big G saw the snow on Mt. Timpanogos and said, “Whoa! Mt. Fuji!”
- I slept 8.5 hours last night.
On that note, I’m off to bed. After all, at 11:00 my bed turns into a pumpkin.