First of all, I have to say y’all are the best readers ever. Some people might say I’m crazy, but you guys? You just make me feel all kinds of normal with my matching lids and the such.
Second, Car feels I should tell you that when we had our little talk about sippy cup lids, I made him wash a lid because he was, at that very moment, about to use a lid that didn’t match.
Anyway, it recently became apparent that Little G needed a haircut. When I say recently, I mean he’s needed a haircut for over a month.
Given the horrors that accompany cutting Big G’s hair, I wanted to pay someone to cut Little G’s hair. Alas, that didn’t work out, and the responsibility fell to me. Fortunately, several factors worked in my favor:
- Little G had a good nap.
- We have a portable DVD player.
- I bought a 1 lb. bag of M&Ms.
- Little G is not afraid of the hair clippers.
That’s right, folks. It was time for a shearing. We popped a Diego DVD in the portable DVD player, stuffed the kid full of M&Ms, sat him in Car’s lap, and went to town.
Overall, I think it was a roaring success.
Now the biggest problem? His gargantuan noggin. I thought all the hair was making it look big, but that kid’s got a huge head, and cutting his hair made it look even bigger.
I’m not kidding. It’s like an orange on a toothpick!
*The best things about using this clip:
- We did the haircut on S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y…NIGHT!
- About a week ago, Car said, “This kid almost looks like he could be one of the Bay City Rollers.” I said, “Like you know what the Bay City Rollers looked like.” He said, “I know what they looked like! I had one of their albums.”
- My husband is awesome.